Segment is a stand-alone platform that acquires, stores and re-routes customer data to a host of third party tools quickly and with minimal fuss. Helping thousands of businesses around the world create a more accurate picture of their customers’ behaviour.
Integrating Segment with your website and apps is easy and you can read more about how to do that in their User Documentation.
Connecting Your Account
Once up and running with Segment on your site (see above) it is a simple process to connect your Xtremepush Project as a Destination under your Segment account.
- Navigate to Project Settings > Integrations
- Find the option for Segment.com and click Generate
- Copy the generated token to your clipboard
- From your Segment UI’s Destinations page
- click on Add Destination
- Search for Xtremepush within the Destinations Catalog and confirm the Source you’d like to connect to
- Drop in the API Token copied from the Xtremepush Project into your Segment Settings UI
And you're all set.
When you Identify a user, Segment pass that user’s information to Xtremepush where we will try to update or create a new user based on whether a Profile exists with that user_id.
Some special traits will also be used as additional user identifiers:
|Segment Trait||Xtremepush User Identifier|
Setup Profile Attributes
For any additional traits you want to save you should create User Profile Attributes in your Xtremepush Project.
If a trait does not match a custom Xtremepush User Profile Attribute and is not recognised as a User Identifier it will be ignored.
The Xtremepush Destination integration with Segment is currently in beta access and gives access to the following Segment APIs: